- Zoning restrictions. Before you purchase the block, be sure to research zoning regulations for both your property and the surrounding area.
- Water source.
- Knowledge of the climate.
- Safety from flooding.
- Soil quality and composition.
- Trees and rocks.
- Utility access.
- Incline of your block
- The type and design of home you want to build
New House Building Trends in 2019
Certain trends stick around for what seems like forever, while others only last for a year or two, or sometimes even less. The house building industry is at the moment under a significant paradigm shift, as new trends pop up in the sector on a constant basis.
Digital technologies, stricter regulations and the need for better collaboration and communication are some of the main focal points in the house building sector today. Fast and efficient communication lies at the heart of this shifting effort and can pave the way to a more open and integration-friendly future for home providers.
The 10 steps to build a new home
What are the steps after planing and designing your house?
- Prepare construction site and pour foundation
- Construct rough framing
- Complete rough pluming, electrical and HVAC
- Install insulation
- Complete drywall and interior textures; start exterior finishes
- Finish interior trim; install exterior driveways and walkways
- Install hard-surface flooring and countertops, and complete exterior grading
- Finish mechanical trims; install bathroom fixtures
- Install mirrors, shower doors and finish flooring, and finish exterior landscaping
- Final walk-through with builder